Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mr. Twig meet Mr. Log

So a number of very funny things happened to us while we were working at the elementary school in Kiryat Shimona. I want to make sure to get some of them down before I forget. This first story I absolutely love. Often our work was sporadic and whenever we finished a project, we would walk around to see what others were doing and if they needed help. I had just reached this stage when I walked outside to see Glenn struggling to carry this enormous stump of a log with a crowd of kids around him. When I ran up to help him, I asked him where we were planning on putting this thing. He said he wasn’t sure. “I don’t know,” he said. “The kids just asked me to move it.” Suddenly one of the teachers comes running up to us in a panic, “No, no, no!” Neither of use knew what she was talking about, but the kids started pouting. After some translation, we realized that we had been duped. Some of the kids from the school had the bright idea that they wanted this enormous log in one of their classrooms and used us to do their bidding. Their classroom teacher said this was second time they tried pulling this stunt.

No comments: