Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Paint me

We don’t have school on Election Day, because voters pose enough of a nusence to close the school. Imagine trying to paint an entire building when school is in session. Yeah. That’s what I thought. The teachers were pissed and often complained that the school stinks, which it did, it smelled awful. They also told us that their kids couldn’t concentrate in class, which they couldn’t. It didn’t help that they had no doors as someone gave the orders to remove all the doors and paint them. So as school went on as usual, there just happened to be 40 or so foreigners haphazardly painting up the whole entire school. Most of the day our service project served as nothing short of B movie third stooges humor. I would finish painting a wall when two dozen yeladeem come running through the hallway and attempt to guard the wet paint like a goalie. This was all made more difficult by the fact that the students wanted to help us. I took it upon myself to give some students a wall to paint, when a teacher came by and stopped me. They were so sad, that in an act of desperation I let them paint me. I tried to guard my sweatshirt, but it was no use. I was painted.

No comments: