Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Jew Who Returned To Lublin

Last night we arrived in Lublin, a very pretty city, a big college town and much larger then I originally thought. We have been visiting an old yeshiva. Before the war 40,000 Jews lived in Lublin. now there are 20-50. We met one of them today. My conversations today were very much geared towards How prevalent is antisemitism in Poland. The rabbis like to talk with horrible generality. The Jewish man who survived the Holocaust said that he is accepted in the community and respected when I asked. The rabbis were not happy that his answer could be viewed as contradictory to their opinion. There is much tension related to this issue, and I am glad I can add to it :)https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GcJfwSu80dmNebw8jK63P925InsM9BNR

No comments: